No forceful bundh/ violence in DK (SK)
Bengaluru: Suddi Forum organization has launched people’s movement against forceful bundhs and communal violence in Dakshina Kannada (South Canara) Distirct, Dr. U.P. Shivananda and other members of Forum said in Bangalore.
Since last two months Suddi Forum has successfully launched people’s movement against all these in three important taluks of the district i.e. Puttur, Belthangady and Sullia. Forceful bandhs and communal violence has brought bad name to this coastal district. This is the time to act against these violence and bandh disruptions, they said.
General public are participating in this People’s Movement against forceful bandhs and communal violence voluntarily. Loss due to bandhs and communal violence, its affect on the day to day life has come to the knowledge of the general public. Total shutdown and violence due to the bandh or violence is hitting the lively hood of day wage earners, drivers of autos, labors, vendors, farmers etc. All these people have already shared the plight they face at the time of bandh and violence with Suddi Forum. Students, patients, tourists have also shared their hardship with Suddi Forum.
How Suddi Forum taking forward this movement?
Forum claims that several court judgments have made it clear that bandhs/ violence are against people and they are anti people. Courts have also made it clear that those who called for bandh must bear the losses incurred due to bandh call. Few people who used to call for bandhs often now turned anti-Bandh because of all these factors. Suddi Forum is now launched a people’s movement against bandh and communal violence and vowed to make South Canara district bandh and communal violence free.
Simple Sutras to make South Canara Bandh/ Communal Violence Free
· Appealing to people’s representatives seeking protection from Bandh/ violence.
· Anti bandh/ communal violence hoardings in all the three taluks
· Awareness among the general public against bandh and communal violence.
· South Canara DC, Additional DC, ZP CEO, SP, Additional SP, AC, ASP and other bureaucrats have extended their support to this movement. SP have shared the numbers of local and district police stations and officials to seek protection at the time of emergency. ZP CEO has directed organizations under his office to extend support to this movement. Bar associations of Puttur, Mangalore, Sulia have assured legal support. District incharge minister, MP, MLAs have appreciated the cause of Suddi Forum. Leaders of various political parties have already made it clear that they will not support any kind of bandhs.
· Six Grama Panchayats in Puttur taluk have already passed a resolution in support of the movement. Various organizations in all these taluks have assured support. Debate/ dialogues will be conducted in schools and colleges in this regard.
Suddi Forum wishes that all the parties, candidates who are contesting in the forthcoming ZP and TP elections will include their opposition to the anti bandh/ communal violence in their manifesto and will make it an election issue. Suddi Forum is working in this regard.
About Suddi Forum and Dr. UP Shivananda: Suddi Forum has waged a war against forceful bandh and communal violence since very beginning. Two decades ago, Forum has ensured VIPs and social leaders taking pledge against communal violence and bandh. As bandh and communal violence returned to the Puttur district now forum has intensified its awareness drive across the three taluks. Bandh and communal violence are influenced by people from other places too. To garner support from across the state, now Forum is planning to take this initiative to state level.
Dr. UP Shivananda is a doctor by profession. But he joined people’s movement through his fights for consumer rights. He launched Suddi Bidugade newspaper in three rural taluks of the South Canara district i.e. Puttur, Belthangady and Sullia and created awareness among the general public over their rights and duties. Today Suddi Bidugade is largest circulated Taluk daily in the country. Motto of the Suddi Forum is making the South Canara district free of forceful bandh and communal violence.
Interested on the movement can Contact: Dr. UP Shivananda 9986398949