Sunday, January 28, 2018

MRI Machine sucks Man!

MRI Machine sucks Man!

Mumbai: A 32-year-old man was killed in a freak accident after being pulled into an MRI machine at a Mumbai hospital whose staff allegedly allowed him to enter the room with a metal oxygen cylinder.

According to reports, Rajesh Maru had accompanied an elderly relative to the MRI room at BYL Nair Hospital. His relatives said a ward boy standing outside the room told him it was okay to carry the oxygen cylinder, which was helping the patient breathe, inside.

As soon as he entered the room, the MRI machine’s powerful magnetic pull sucked in Maru, who was still holding the cylinder. Maru’s hand was wedged between the MRI machine and the cylinder, with the magnetic field making it impossible to pull away.
When the patient accompanying Maru cried for help, few ward boys rushed in and managed to pull him out. A bleeding Maru was rushed to the emergency ward, but succumbed to his injuries within minutes.

“He went there to visit my ailing mother, but we did not know he would meet such a fate. We all are in shock. A ward boy told him to carry an oxygen cylinder with him to MRI room which is prohibited. It all happened because of the carelessness of hospital's doctors and administration,” Maru’s brother-in-law Harish Solanki told news agency ANI.

He was admitted into MRI room with an oxygen tank when no metal items are allowed. Hospital attendant at MRI room said that the MRI machine was not switched on,he could go in but he was pulled in by magnetic force of the machine,he was shifted to trauma but died later: Relative
An FIR under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code was registered at the Agripada police station, while Maru’s body was kept for post-mortem at JJ Hospital.

The hospital has denied wrongdoing and claimed that Maru was instructed against carrying the cylinder inside. It, however, suspended a doctor, a ward boy and a sweeper.

“He was accompanying a patient. He took the patient to the MRI room where metal is not allowed. He took the oxygen cylinder. The magnetic force was heavy so he got pulled in. There are boards and signs put up that say you cannot carry metal inside. Instructions are given. We are conducting an inquiry. If anyone is found to be at fault, action will be taken. It seems like an accident. All instructions were given,” hospital dean Dr Ramesh Bharmal told CNN-News18.

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh for the family.

No comments: