Another Engineering wonder ‘Delhi’s Signature Bridge’
Inauguration on Sunday 4th November 2018New Delhi: After missing several deadlines, another engineering wonder of the Capital City, the Delhi’sSignature Bridge over the Yamuna in northwest Delhi set for inauguration on Sunday, 4th November 2018.
Deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia has invited the general public to witness a “civil engineering spectacle”
Fourteen years in the making, the bridge will be thrown open for the public on Monday, 5th November 2018.
“From the top of the bridge, the people of Delhi will be able to enjoy a panoramic view of the city, like people can from the Eiffel Tower (in Paris). The people will be taken to the top of the bridge in four elevators with a total capacity of carrying 50 people,” Sisodia explained.
Specialities of the Bridge:
* The bridge will have a 154-metre-high glass viewing box, which is double the height of Qutub Minar.
* The people will be taken to the top of the bridge in four elevators with a total capacity of carrying 50 people.
* The 575-metre bridge will also have selfie spots for tourists to capture their special moments.
* The bridge is being projected as India’s first asymmetrical cable-stayed bridge.
* The bridge will reduce the travel time between north and northeast Delhi and will be developed into a tourist spot in the second phase of its development.
* Announced in 2004, the bridge was initially estimated to cost around ₹494 crore. Later, it was projected to be completed at a modified estimate of ₹1,131 crore ahead of the 2010 Commonwealth Games, which were held in Delhi.