Five Organizations namely Association for India's Development (AID)- Bangalore, Sahaja Samrudha, Samvada, Jaivika Krishi Society (JKS) and Maysore Horticulture Society (MHS) have jointly organized a unique first -ever Brinjal Festival at MHS Hall, Lalbaug in Bangalore on 5th Sunday, 11 am to 7 pm.
Nethrakere Udaya Shankara
Why this Brinjal Festival, do you know?
Brinjal which is popularly known as badanekayi in Kannada is the king of vegetables which comes with its own crown! It is a good and tasty food, but the technology of Genetically Modified (GM) Foods pose a grave threat to the diversity of Brinjal and other vegetables and also to our health as consumers.
Brinjal Festival is being organized in this backlash.
This is an event that will celebrate the diversity of Brinjals and contemplate our role in protecting it.
Good Food, Healthy Food, Safe Food… should be a primary concern of all of us. The Brinjal festival is an attempt to bring a better consciousness and respect for our rich diverse food.
Genetically Modified (GM) food crops pose a grave threat to the diversity and to our health as consumers. Through this Brinjal Festival all of us will be informed about the choices of food, one of most fundamental necessities.
What’s in store?
* Food Stalls with brinjal specials for you to savour
* Cooking competition for innovative Brinjal dishes
* Drawing competition and more fun events for kids
* Brinjal Diversity Exhibition showcasing more than 30 varieties of brinjal
* Screening of Mahesh Bhatt’s film Poison on the Platter
* Awareness campaign about GM foods and the risk to our health and environment.
* Meet scientists, farmers, doctors and Ayurveda practitioners and some well known celebrities.
You can participate in the competetions also. To register for competitions, visit http://bangalore.aidindia.org/cms/?q=brinjalMela.
For any queries:
Sejal - 9901201279 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Siddesh - 9880600840 (email@example.com)
Pulkit - 9916173750 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Guru - 9845294184 (email@example.com)
Don't Miss the first-ever Brinjal Festival in Bangalore and note down the Venue: and time.
Venue: MHS Hall, Lalbaug (Double road gate)
Date/Time: April 5th Sunday, 11am - 7pm
Post a Comment