Kanhaiya wants Freedom in India: Kaniah Kumar, Javaharlal Nehru University Students Union President, who was arrested by Delhi Police on sedition charges, released on Thursday, 3rd March 2016, on 6 month interim bail as per the orders of Delhi High Court on 2nd March 2016. He urged Azadi in India and not Azadi from India. He gave similar statement on Friday 4th March 2016 in Press Confence also.
After release from Tihar jail, he returned to the Campus of JNU and addressed the gathering of his supporters who celebrated his release amidst Slogans of 'RSS se Azaadi' being raised.
Here are the extracts of Kanniah Kumar’s speech as reported by ANI Twitter.
· * We don't look at ABVP as enemy. We look at them as opposition.
· * PM ne tweet kia hai. Kaha hai 'Satyamev Jayate'. PM ji aapse bhaari vaechaarik matbhed hai, lekin.kyunki 'Satyamev Jayate' aapka (PM) nhi, iss desh ka, samvidhaan ka hai, Mai bhi kehta hun 'Satyamev Jayate':
· * Attack on JNU is a planned one as they want to delegitimize UGC protest, and to dilute the fight for justice for Rohith Vemula
· * Is desh ki satta ne jab jab atyachaar kia hai, JNUse buland awaaz ayi hai. Aap humari ladaayi ko dilute nhi kar sakte.
· * Bharat se nhi mere bhaiyon, Bharat mein azaadi maang rhe hain. 'Se' aur 'Mein' mein fark hota hai.
· * Iss desh ke 69% logon ne uss maansikta ke khilaaf vote dia hai.Keval 31% log.Aur usme se bhi kuch aapki jumlebaazi mein fass gye
· * Kuch ko to aapne 'Har Har' keh ke jhak lia, aaj kal 'Arhar' se pareshaan hain:
· * Today you (students )are here because you think you have been attacked. But this attack was made some time ago by Swamy: Kanhaiya in JNU
· * Ye lambi ladai hai, bina jhukay bina rukay hamay ladna hai: Kanhaiya Kumar in JNU
· * Fight initiated by Rohith Vemula, all of you and peace-loving people in country, will be pursued by us & we'll win this battle.
· * Bharat se nhi, Bharat ko lootne walon se Azaadi chaahte hain.
· * On Azadi naara, we want azadi not from India but from those who loot India.
· * Kanhia Kumar ends his speech at JNU urging his supporters to raise slogans of 'Azaadi' with context.