‘Abhijna’ First time in India!Bengaluru: This year's Christmas will be a different one for the millions of art lovers of Bengaluru city. Internationally acclaimed dance duo Nirupama & Rajendra are presenting “Abhijñā” - a cultural extravaganza in Namma Bengaluru city at Sree Kanteerava Indoor stadium on 25th and 26th of December 2015.
The Couple have won the hearts of more than 50 lakh art lovers through their 700 plus performances in 24 countries across 5 continents. They are planning to celebrate 2 decades of their team - Abhinava’s contribution to the field of dance and art through this unique event.
The need of the hour is to preserve our rich heritage of classical dance and hence attracting the youth towards the classical dance is most needed. Headed by Nirupama & Rajendra the entire team comprising of over 300 plus people have been working for over 5 months now, at the backend & front end in different aspects of stage production concerning, content creation, music making, recording, choreography, training of dancers, props, costumes, stage, design, ticketing, sponsorship, reaching out to educational institutes with the aim of popularising classical dance amongst youth and making a presence on social media.
Shathaavadhani Dr. R. Ganesh, (a polyglot, great poet, Sanskrit scholar) & Mr. Praveen D Rao (music composer) and others have joined hands in this journey of Abhinava and are also taking part in Abhijna.
To add flavour to this celebration, food courts and other stalls will also be set up in the Kanteerava indoor stadium.
As a part of Abhijna, a road show is organised at Orion Shopping Mall on December 13th. The main objective of this road show is to popularise the event and highlight the effort that goes behind the spectacular productions that Abhinava Dance Company regularly stages.
In today’s times of unrest, stress & natural calamities we are hoping to create a sense of peace & harmony through art. Passes are available through BookMyShow.
- First time in India, a unique experience of classical dance presented with a modern touch but deeply rooted in tradition.
- Nirupama & Rajendra to lead and guide the event.
- 300 of Dancers + 100 Technicians x 2 separate shows.
- Reaching out to an audience of : 6000 x 2 days (12000 total).
- Open house event on the 13th of Dec at the Orion Mall, Bengaluru.
- This event is up on 36 Hoardings (Large 30 x 40) in prime locations (across Bangalore).
- A 20sec time slot to screen the teaser of Abhijna at all PVR Cinemas in Bangalore for 2 weeks.
Post a Comment